Saturday, October 13, 2007

A wander

Yesterday my day was pretty open so I went for a bit of a wander down the river. It wasn't too long, just down to Tower Bridge and back up on the north side of the river. I'd never crossed Tower Bridge, before, though, so that was a new addition to my London experiences. I took some cool pictures. Something that is interesting about London is the blend of medieval architecture with new and interesting buildings. While some are of questionable taste (need we say Gherkin), I love how it is a literal example of how London is both full of history and a thriving, modern global center.




A view of the Tower of London with the Gherkin in the background







A view of Tower Bridge from right next to the Tower








Other amusing things from my journey, a playground in the old moat. Let's play childhood games in the shadows of a building that represents torture and death! Yay!




Some fabulous pub names in the past few days:
The Famous Cock (I'm not known for my maturity)
Hung, Drawn and Quartered

And a very cool picture:

No comments: