Monday, October 29, 2007

Other news that is significantly less exciting, but still of note

The Sox deserved their own post, clearly. And they actually probably deserve another. Because the RED SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS. Anyway, I digress from this "other news." Yesterday I went with Andy, Rich and Anna to the NFL in London where the Giants played the Dolphins (who really are terrible this year). The game was at the new Wembley which is a pretty nice stadium. They at least had the presence of mind to shield the stands from the rain (which poured in its London fashion). We had good seats, and the Giants won 13-10. It was a bizarre multi-cultural experience, watching football and eating a pie (that's what they eat at sporting events here!). Also, I thoroughly enjoyed being one of the most knowledgable people at a football game because we all know that that would never happen at home! The game was mediocre at best, but it was good to have a nice dose of Americana (anthem and all) over here.
Me outside Wembley before the game

The game


Me and my first pie at a sporting event!


Other news:

THE RED SOX WON (and swept) THE WORLD SERIES!

Today marks my one month anniversary of arriving in London. So far, so good (except maybe my alcohol consumption). I really am happy here, though I must admit, I haven't missed home so much as I did yesterday for the football and at about 4:10 this morning when, you know, the RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES. I think things are only going to get better around here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

chicken and mushroom or random 'is this beef' flavour? ;-)

Wembley looks good. Glad they finally finished that thing!