Friday, November 30, 2007

Stuff, etc.

First and foremost, I have finally become motivated to finish a freakin' essay! So, 2,939 words later, I have finished my essay on Habermas "Is the public sphere still a relevant concept in our media rich society?" And now I'm going to start my essay for MC417 on free speech - I think I will like this one more, at least it's something I care about. And, the sooner it's done, the better! I'm going to start doing some research and hopefully do some writing before David arrives on Sunday!

Wednesday our match was cancelled because we weren't going to have enough girls to come out to play. It threw my whole day off, because I was expecting to not have to do any work, but then I had the whole afternoon free. I ended up doing a little research and napping - had to prepare for Wednesday night out!

Wednesday evening (before AU), I went to my friend Charlie's for a tea party. She's one of only two Brits in the program and was dismayed by how little we all knew about English culture (other than the drinking - it seems everyone in the program has figured that one out), so she had a bunch of us over. It was cute and fun, and a nice chance to chat with some of my coursemates that I don't usually hang out with. And tea - I do love tea... will have to get some on the way to class today now! And we had scones and shortbread and lots of goodies. After that I went straight to the Tuns for some snakebites, karaoke and good ole rugby fun. Phin and his friend Joe came out, too, which was fun. They may come more regularly, they seem to enjoy reliving their old uni days!

In other news, it is 19 days until I get to come home. While I am absolutely loving it here, I am very much looking forward to coming home and having a bit of a break. I feel like I'm going nonstop while I'm here... get up early, go to the gym, go to class, do homework, meet people for dinner and drinks, rugby, homework, go to bed late, all the while trying to fit in all the other things I love and want to do whilst in London. Which reminds me... I have about a billion things to do!

No comments: