Thursday, November 8, 2007

Things I Prefer About the UK

So I figured my last post needed to be balanced with a list of things that I actually like better here.

1. Men are Gentlemen. They hold open doors, let you walk through first, are very courteous. Much improved on American men.
2. Premade Sandwiches. Convenience epitomized.
3. Drinking. It's Thursday and it's totally acceptable that the only day this week I haven't had a drink is on Monday.
4. Rugby. Victory #2 for LSE WRFC yesterday!
5. Football. Players. Quality of play. Pervasiveness.
6. Colored Money. Yes, I give in. The colors help.
7. No ATM Fees. I can go to any bank and I don't get fees charged when I take out money. Sweet!
8. OK, I lied about the accents. They never really get old.
9. Humor. People are funnier here. Cynical, sarcastic, toxic. It's excellent.
10. Mini skirts. People wear them. Leggings, tights, flats, boots. It's totally acceptable to wear them pretty much anywhere.
11. Coats. People have the coolest coats here. I need a new one for winter now!
12. Cider, cider, cider.
13. Blackcurrant. While I wish they didn't have it instead of grape, it's pretty awesome. Especially when you combine it with Fosters and Strongbow... ;)

That's also a preliminary list. Now, off to hip hop dancing...

No comments: