Saturday, November 17, 2007

I've got a city love...

Two posts in one day! What a healthy dose of procrastination won't do, I'm not entirely sure. In my continuing efforts for "perspective" (dramatic music) and attempts to force myself to take a day off from the gym, I went for another walk. Walks aren't nearly so much fun when there's no sunshine, but I need to get as much natural light as possible. So, I walked down Southbank, crossed Waterloo Bridge (best bridge view in the city!), and wandered up to Covent Garden. There are some Christmas gifts I have in mind from some weekend vendors there so I went back to see if I still liked some of the things as much as I did the first time - I think I do, but I'm still not sure. But Covent Garden has gone all Christmas-tastic! Sweet! Then I walked down to Trafalgar Square. I considered doing a museum but had too much nervous energy.
View of Parliament from the Trafalgar column

I wandered through St. James Park. The best part about this park this time of year is that they maintain blooming flowers, so there are still bright pinks and yellows around. At the end of November when it's dark by 4:30, a little color can go a long way. Also, they have weeping willows all around the lake there, which are my favorite trees! And ducks... it was almost like being in nature, except for the cars and buildings and the looming London Eye. I walked through Green Park which is may rival Hyde Park for my favorite place to lie around. Hyde Park just tends to have a lot more people in it, and Green Park is almost always empty. And it really is noticeably green - weird, yes, but I like it anyway! Sadly, my camera ran out of batteries in the middle of the park which made me lose my motivation for continuing to walk! So I took the tube back to London Bridge and walked around Borough Market getting free samples for half an hour or so, then came back here with the noble intention of working on an essay before I remembered that I hadn't started writing it because I hadn't gotten my marks back on the first one! I'm still thinking, though... Thinking is good! Oh, and for all those (ahem, Mom, Sabrina) who think I don't do schoolwork - I've done all my reading for next week, so stop worrying!! ;)

In other news, I'm going to see Lord of the Rings in the West End tonight with Todd, a guy in a couple of my classes at LSE. Both of us are skeptical of how they can turn the entirety of Tolkien's work into a 2.5 hour performance, but I've heard it's quite good, so we'll see. I'm so excited though!


Oh, and here's a picture of my black eye. Granted, it's started to heal, but I figure I may as well prove to my fanbase how HARD I am.
Just imagine it bigger and bluer, and that's what it looked like the last couple of days

No comments: