Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Things I Miss about America!

1. Diet Vanilla Coke. The only flavors they have here are Citrus (which is weird) and Cherry (which is too cherry-y for me)
2. Nutrition Facts. They always have nutrition facts per 100g, but rarely does food come in that amount, so I have to do math! Thats a lot of work for something who compulsively reads nutrition facts.
3. Walking on the Right. They haven't made up their mind about whether they walk to their right (like us) or to the left (like they drive).
4. $1 bills. One and two pound coins fill up my wallet in a ridiculous way. And 2p coins. They have way too many coins here. And no quarter? Whatever.
5. Unlimited nights and weekends. Cell phones plans here give you however many minutes (ie 500) for the whole month including nights and weekends. Boo!
6. Anticipation of Thanksgiving. Come Nov 1, they jump right into Christmas and miss the best holiday! However, the Pret Christmas sandwich is Thanksigiving dinner in sandwich form (kudos to Andy for the recommendation).
7. Television. While I'm glad I don't have a TV, it's nice to have on nights when I don't (or don't want) anything else to do. And I miss crap MTV shows. Thankfully I got to watch "My Fabulous Wedding" or something at Rich's. Excellent stuff!
8. The dollar. While the dollar is absolute shit right now, at least things are cheaper in America!
9. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. 'Nuff said!
10. The English Language. Half of the people in this country don't speak English, and if they speak it, they don't understand it. And we thought we had immigration problems...
11. The Service Industry. As we don't tip much (or at all), nobody cares if you get good service. Everything takes so bloody long.
12. Going to class in sweatpants. Everyone is so stylish, it's hard to keep up!
13. Football. Never thought I'd say it, but there's something about fall without fat men in spandex that's a little sad. Shout out to the Pats for being the best effing team in the world.
14. Pedestrian right of way. Cars here are a little too aggressive in trying to get pedestrians off the road!
15. Other Diet Soda. Diet Coke gets boring, but there's no variety here! What I would give for a Fresca...
16. Clean Air. It ain't called the Big Smoke for nothing!
17. Being excited about English accents.And to think I thought I'd never get tired of 'em... I don't hear it at all unless they say odd words.
18. Saying chips and not meaning fries. It's just backwards. Not that I say 'chips' anyway!

There are a few others, I'm sure, but that's a preliminary list. I'm sure I will add to it in weeks to come!

No comments: