Saturday, November 17, 2007

Black eyes are sexy!

I realized that I haven't written anything of substance for a few posts now. Well, I think that's probably reflective of the fact that I pretty much have a routine here. The gym now feels like 'my gym', the walk to school is beautiful but boring, classes are to be complained about, I've figured out who I like around here and who I definitely do not, and overall I feel settled.

I'm starting to feel some pressure to start my essays, but I still haven't received feedback on my unassessed essay and therefore am reluctant to start new ones if I don't know where my weaknesses are. I have been thinking a lot about the first one I'm going to write, though, which means I think it will be written, edited and printed within a week!

Rugby continues to be good fun. Wednesday night was pretty boring, I only went out to the Tuns for a couple of hours. The team sang "Maneater" for karaoke in celebration of my return, as I'd missed the last two weeks. We lost the game on Wednesday, and I got the shit kicked out of me. My legs are really bruised and I have a bit of a black eye - the bruise is mostly in the crease of my eyelid so it's actually not that noticeable, particularly if I wear eyeshadow. In other rugby news, it seems we have a coach. His name is Ian, he's a veterinarian and a Kiwi, and seems like he's going to be really great. Very passionate about the game and incredibly helpful to have around for the matches. He's traveling some over the next month, but he should be around more regularly next term.

Yesterday I went for a walk through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens in order to get some "perspective" (there's an ominous word). I'm not sure it worked, but I took some pretty pictures:


In other news, I've been invited by my teammate Rachel to go with her and a friend of hers to a Navy Ball in December...! I have to find a dress! I had mentioned Dan (and his Navy, pilot-ness) and she thought that I was the perfect person to go with her. I'm looking forward to it. It's the last Friday of term so it'll be a great way to celebrate being half way (holy shit) through my classes here at LSE.

I'm sure I'll come up with more exciting things to write soon...

No comments: