Thursday, January 10, 2008

Scratch that, this is going to be awesome.

So I had my first Modern Campaigning Politics class with Lord Gould and it is going to be brilliant! He has worked on such interesting (not to mention awesome) campaigns, but he's also incredibly personable. I'm also psyched about the class structure which is a great balance between lecture, class discussion and guest lecturers... List of guest lecturers:

Peter Watt former General Secretary, The Labour Party.
Alastair Campbell, Former Downing Street Press Secretary.
Lynton Crosby campaign consultant to John Howard PM Australia.
Mark Lucas Communications Consultant and film maker.
Andrew Cooper Pollster to David Cameron and Boris Johnson.
Margaret McDonagh former Labour Party General Secretary.
Rt.Hon Alan Milburn MP. Former cabinet minister, 2005 campaign co-ordinator.
Jonathan Powell: Former Tony Blair Chief of Staff.

So, as you can see, awesome! Tomorrow I have my Political Communication course. It's nice that this term it's not going to be straight media because that's pretty much old hat to me at this point.

No comments: