Monday, January 14, 2008

Lots of stuff!

I've been busy... which is perhaps why I'm so tired. But here goes. Friday night Todd and I went out for pizza and ice skating. For food we went to Fire and Stone in Covent Garden, which has really interesting pizzas. Hoi Sin or curry sauce... roasted potatoes... weird things. But it was good, and Todd is fun to talk to as we have a lot in common. Though, as an Eagles fan, he wouldn't allow me to gloat about the Pats too much. After that we walked down to Somerset House for some ice skating. It was a small rink but they had music and the lighting was quite cool - and we were definitely the best skaters there (which says something!). After that we went to a pub called "Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese" in the city - very, very old - low doors, that kind of thing. Good cider...
Saturday I went to lunch and the Design Museum with Chrissy. It was so good to catch up with her - I don't chat with too many girls that often and sometimes I realize how much I miss it. After we walked around a bit we went back to hers for some tea and more talking. Saturday night I came home and passed out really early - I was absolutely exhausted. Pictures from near the museum:
Sunday I went to the library and then to rugby training in Regents Park. I'm really looking forward to our game on Wednesday. I think my head will be more in the game once I actually get to play again. After training I did a bit of reading and then went to Andy's for a marathon of the West Wing (we made a deal: one season of the WW for every HP book read. So I'm so far 2.5 seasons in the hole).

Today I took a long walk from Camden Town, around Primrose Hill and Regents Park, then all the way home. It was a good chance to spend some time outside, as it was sunny and quite warm. I like that I only need a sweatshirt and gloves in the middle of January! Pictures:

I'd post more but it's taking bloody ages!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Try using the Flickr account I happen to know you have and linking the pictures through that. I'm happy to offer a phone tutorial if you like. Blogger's picture uploads are s.l.o.w.