Friday, January 11, 2008

National Portrait Gallery

Check!

I actually went and did something on my list today after classes got out. It was a SUPER rainy morning so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to spend some time in a museum. The gallery actually had two special exhibits so I did both of those, and left the permanent exhibits for a later date (I have a short museum attention span). There was a Pop Art exhibit which I'm glad I saw because it closes soon. Lots of Warhol, some Lichtenstein and other interesting stuff.

There was also a photography exhibit, which was AWESOME. I don't usually love portraits, but these were unbelievable. Very happy I went.

I know I have to go back, though, because I have to see this piece (it's Paul, for those who can't figure it out)

No comments: