Monday, May 12, 2008

Summer weather in Londres

Having returned to London with the full intention of dedicating all of my free time to revising for my impending exams, the god of weather decides it's a great time to bring a beautiful, sunny heatwave to southeast England for the weekend! Well, I managed to get some studying done but I also was able to get outside for some sun and relaxation. On Saturday I met up with Andy and we took a walk from Southbank to Knightsbridge (where I showed him Harrods for the FIRST TIME), and then we had dinner and we ran around in Hyde Park for a bit until it was dark and teeming with creepy homeless people.

On Sunday I studied in the morning and then met up with Andy for some baseball in Green Park. The weather was absolutely stunning. We played catch and whiffle ball and lazied about in the grass. Afterwards we went for a BBQ at Andy's sister Catherine and her husband, Adrian's flat. They have a beautiful terrace that overlooks much of London and on a clear day like yesterday you could see everything - from the Eye all the way to Canary Wharf - unbelievable! We had lots of meat - burgers, chicken, some sausage with the cider, beer and wine (no, I didn't drink all three). I made some blondie brownies to wrap up the evening, and we also watched some footie and some baseball. Definitely a success! Some pictures:


Today I spent the morning at Andy's flat waiting for delivery men but I got a LOT of studying done whilst I was there. I met him for lunch to return his key and got to enjoy EVEN MORE sunshine - I actually have a tan now! Very exciting. The next few days are nose to the grindstone but come Thursday, we all get a bit of a break!

No comments: