Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All these things that I have done...

Nothing too thrilling has happened in the last week, but I'll share it anyway. On Saturday I went out with Andy and some of his friends that he went to school with, including Chris Smith who I had met last summer in LA. We went out in Clapham, and I probably drank a little too much wine (shocking, I know). The most amusing part of the night was when I started chatting to Dave, the flatmate of one of the guys Andy knew. He asked how I felt about GWBush and I said I, well, hate him and what he's done to my country, particularly on the international stage. He proceeded to tell me he thought Bush has done a good job, in Northern Ireland (thank you Bill Clinton, Tony Blair and John Major - NOT BUSH!), and he was forced to go to war with Iraq because we were being threatened with nuclear war. Needless to say, I sort of lost it, and Andy started giggling at me. He turned to Chris and Kay and said, "She'll kick his ass..." It was a little upsetting that someone could be so ignorant, but still... kind of funny at the same time.

On Sunday we went out to Andy's parents' house in Amersham for lunch. They live in such a cute little English town - sort of in the country... kind of like Lexington, really. Bigger lawns, large hedges, 40 minutes outside of London. His mother cooked lamb, pototoes, broccoli, carrots, and we had wine and cheesecake, and watched cricket and took a walk. It was a lovely afternoon despite having shitty weather.

That's pretty much it. I'm mostly moved to Andy's, which is good. Tonight we're going to see USA v England football at Wembley! America... fuck yeah!

No comments: