Monday, March 31, 2008

Springtime in London Town

Spring has sprung! Thank God... we now have an extra hour of sunlight (for some reason the Brits delay it until the end of March), the warm(er) weather is upon us, and... I have to stay inside all day and revise for exams and write essays. Except that I haven't been. I HAVE been incredibly productive, which allows me to go out and do fun things, too.

Despite a forecast of rain all weekend, it only sort of spat at us a bit on Saturday afternoon (which was mostly lost to the gym and homework anyway so it didn't matter). Sunday after a trip to the library I met up with Andy for a walk through the parks, a game of catch and some paddle boating on the Serpentine in Hyde Park. There was a bit of a special needs moment when neither Andy and I were entirely sure if a baseball would float. SO, the genius I am, I just stepped into the Serpentine to give it a go... but, then, the entire bottom is covered in moss so I promptly slipped and nearly fell in. I think Andy, wherever he is, is still laughing at me about it. We went paddle boating for a bit which might be better if we added a bottle to the occasion. Next time!



On Sunday night I went out to Hugo's for Sherry's birthday with Sherry, Ryan, and 10 or so of their good friends. Ryan has a friend named James who is very much like Andy Richter in personality - but when he tried to banter with me, he wasn't prepared for someone who could actually handle it. Ryan got a kick out of watching us. Food at Hugo's was great - I had calamari and a burger. Mmm mmm good. If it wasn't so far away and expensive, I'd be keen to go there much more often!

Today I went bowling with Cait and Erin. We went to Bloomsbury Lanes, which is the same place we went for my birthday. It's a lot more chill but just as cool on a Monday evening. It was a good laugh, and I'm sure we'll go back soon. Tomorrow, a bunch of my coursemates and I are getting together for Cranium Part Deux. Looking forward to yet another study break (though tomorrow I anticipate having all of my essays finished and therefore will deserve a break!).

1 comment:

AJ said...

I am randomly curious-- do you see a lot of American baseball caps in London? I found when I was in Italy, I saw tons. And a lot of NY hats but it would make more sense to me if you saw Sox hats in London... Just curious.