Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mundane details of my life

In an effort to update more often, I find myself telling you a) about my political and social ramblings and b) about the mundane details of my life. As I have been told my stories are more fun to read than my ramblings, I'll do that.

Last night I met up with some of the rugby girls (Katy, Martin, Rachel, Laura, Ricki, Kerstin, Sophie, Kim, Tatiana and Nina) for some dinner and theater. That makes it sound a lot classier than it was. We all met up in the Tuns and headed over to the "classy" Wetherspoons for some dinner and drinks. Most of the others had steak, and it's always nice to see other girls polish off an 8 oz steak, chips, salad and a pint. I have clearly found my people. We headed down to see Lia as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Lia was great but the rest of it was, well, shit. The munchkins were essentially people with down syndrome. It was bad, very bad. Luckily we had brought alcohol in order to sustain us through the production. The best part was we had been told that Howard Davies was doing the voice over for the wizard, but would not actually be making an appearance. Well, he did come out as the Wizard and was AWESOME. He got a lot of cheers from the crowd. Lots of good times. There was some talk about going out after the show but everyone was tired and went home.

Today I had a lazy morning, did a bit of reading. I went to the gym and then met Chrissy for lunch. She works about 10 minutes from Bankside and doesn't always have a ton of work to do so we're going to get lunch more often. In a couple of hours I'm meeting Nadia and Karim for coffee, then 7pm the Tuns followed by team dinners.

Bring on the lash.

No comments: