Friday, December 7, 2007

Nearly there...

So, I am 11 days away from America... the good ole U.S. of A! I can't wait to come home. Not that I don't love London, because I do. I really do. It's my new happy place. I want to stay here semi-permanently! It's the same feeling I always get come Christmas time - it's just time for school to be done and for me to be at home. This year has been weird because it's the first time since high school, really, that I haven't felt the need to be weeks ahead in all of my work.

Dare I say it - have I lost my Hermione-esque edge? Nah. I think I'm still far ahead (perhaps not far, but at least ahead) of most of my peers. It's hard to be motivated when I know my essays aren't due until the beginning of next term.

But here I am, regardless, for the second Friday night in a row, writing an essay. I'm a little over 1000 words into an essay on free speech. Now that the ball is rolling, the ball is really rolling. I hope to have it done by tomorrow. A draft, I mean, of course. I will probably be in tomorrow night, too. And Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday. But if I can get drafts of my essays done before the end of term, I can't imagine being happier than that.

I've gotten some of my Christmas shopping done, and if I haven't bought what I need to, I at least know what I am going to get. Another reason why I want to finish by the end of term - that gives me a few work-free days in London to wrap up all the loose ends before I go home.

Just 11 days. 11 more days.

And people here don't get why Pearl Harbor is important. "Pearl Harbor Day? Why does it matter?" Did they want to be speaking German now? Sigh.

And now - back to free speech. Absolutism all the way, because that's the American way...

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I miss you - London sounds fabulous - pray Lorne makes a sale and I will convince him to let us visit! I am also enjoying your blog as it keeps me abreast of your life! Hope you still read ours occasionally!