Sunday, December 2, 2007

A crapload of rain

So, David missed his connection this morning due to snow in Chicago, and I (obviously) didn't want to stay in and do homework (to be fair, I couldn't, this next paper requires a trip to the library... but I HAVE written 400 words so I'm well on my way. Stop judging me), so I went for a walk. First, nothing is open - not even Starbucks - before 10am on a Sunday. And, it was cloudy when I left, but it didn't look like rain clouds. Well, needless to say, I was wrong. It sort of misted at me, then spat at me, and eventually the sky thought it would be funny to literally just pour a gigantic bucket of water all over London. But I persisted - no reason to sit inside when I can walk around. Anyway, I walked down to Waterloo (where there is a Marks and Spencers... needed food!), and took the tube to Green Park. Then I walked back down through St. James Park. I finally gave up due to the rain near Aldwych and took the bus home - which I NEVER do - because it's a waste of 90p. But I'd left without my umbrella (it's such a pain to carry when I'm not carrying a big bag) and my feet were sitting in puddles inside of my Uggs and my jeans were soaked from the bottom to my upper thigh. Anyway, I took pretty pictures. Here you go:
Outside Buckingham Palace

St James Park

Guy on bridge feeding birds

Fountain in Trafalgar Square: no need for water features, really, when that much rain is pouring from the sky. Alas.

No comments: