Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true"

I woke up today and felt motivated! So I cleaned my room, started an essay (and thought about it a lot - I reckon I can have it finished by Tuesday, fingers crossed), applied for a job, and even managed to get to the gym without feeling miserable about going (my motivation to go has been marginal at best. I've only gone 5x/week the last two weeks - not good). Thank God... feeling much more myself. Anyway, otherwise, the last week has been good, interesting, varied.

I've finally started sleeping past 7:30... which is good, primarily because that means I'm getting enough sleep. I get frustrated when I wake up at 7:00 and then can't get back to sleep and then am tired all day and don't get anything done. So 8:00 is a much better start to the day...

Yesterday England won their match v France - good game, too. Love rugby. I reckon that's the best thing I decided to do this year. I've never been much of a joiner, and I'm glad I stuck to my guns about joining a team this year. While perhaps my brain (due to concussions) and my liver don't necessarily agree, I'm glad I joined. While it may shock some, I reckon I may even like rugby more than football... but then, I haven't been watching that much football lately so it's hard to say.

In other excellent news, I am going home for five days over Easter weekend! I think after the darkness of winter it will be nice to go home and not have to deal with much. I go through spurts of hyper awareness of the fact that I am foreign here and I get pangs for 'fitting in' and not having that weird chip on my shoulder that 'no, don't judge me, i am not here on holiday, i am a Londoner!' It will also be nice because not many of my friends around here are that keen on church or Easter or any of that so it will be nice to properly have church and Easter dinner. Anyway, it will be good to go home.

And on a bizarre note, thank God it's raining.

The next few weeks will be school-work intensive. Only three weeks until my classwork at the LSE is done with, which is INSANITY. I'm hoping to have my essays done by then (a pipedream) so I can focus on exam revision and my dissertation. We will see how that all pans out.........

Now for your gratuitous viewing pleasure (because I love him and he is a living god):
Jonny

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Update you @%#*!^# blog already! I want to hear about what you are doing with yourself! :)