Sunday, April 13, 2008

Busy weekend

So apparently my updates about how boring my life is aren't satisfying to those who are off fighting a war, so I'll try to spice it up a bit (happy, dear?). This weekend has been pretty busy and I'm quite tired, even though I still have work to do this evening!

Friday, after being caught in a ridiculous hail storm and spending the afternoon in the library with Katy, I went to the gym and then met Andy for dinner. I wasn't feeling that well so we just went to Wagamama's - not that thrilling. Saturday we went to the EDF Cup Final which is a rugby union final between the top English league team (Leicester Tigers) and the top Welsh team (something Ospreys). It was my first trip to Twickenham so I was pretty excited. The weather was all over the place (sun, hail, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, etc), and the rugby was mediocre. It seemed Leicester had bathed in Crisco before the match because they couldn't hold on to the ball nor could they make any good tackles. It was kind of embarrassing to watch, actually. The final score was 23-6 I think. But it was a good day out and I enjoyed it.

Saturday night we went up to meet Andy's sister Catherine and her husband Adrian in Angel for dinner, and then we went to theirs to watch the Sox game (they are fans, and pay for the channel that allows them to get the games - AWESOME). We had a couple drinks, watched the Sox win, all excellent stuff.

Today Andy and I went to an event at his work (which is right on Tower Bridge) where we got free food and watched the marathon go by. I felt so bad for the runners - the day started out as crisp and beautiful but by about 2 hours in it was piss pouring rain out, so I'm sure everyone was running with sopping wet shoes - how miserable! It was fun to see the runners and cheer them on a bit. After we got tired of watching them run we went shopping so Andy could buy some (very much needed) new clothes. Very domestic, yes, but it was primarily because I decided Andy needed my help in picking out clothes that don't suck. ;)

As for this evening... I think it's time to hit the books...

No comments: