Saturday, September 29, 2007

Welcome to London Town

Okay, so I made it. With all the luggage. And with my sanity. Shocking? Yes. Relieved? Yes. SoexcitedIcan'tevenbebotheredtoputspacesinmysentences? Yes.

I arrived this morning, early, around 7am. The flight was uneventful, the sky was deliciously cloudy and I was more excited than words could probably describe. My parents and I checked into the hotel (which is right near Parliament and the London Eye) and promptly slept for three hours. When we woke up, we walked along the south bank of the river. There were fun street performers and a graffittied skate park and people everywhere. I couldn't stop smiling. We went to check out Bankside, but we couldn't see much. Then we went to Borough Market. I am going to love that place. Fresh fruits and veggies and a vibrant public. Coudln't ask for much more. Then we went up to LSE - I am so excited to start school!! There is so much to do in and around school that I am going to be so busy. Yay!

Tonight, I went out to dinner with Andy, a guy I met through Mark when he came to LA. It was great fun. We took a long walk to a great restaurant (if only I could remember the name... next time, less wine!). Talked about politics and he actually wanted to hear about my CMGT thesis (which, btw, is kickass)! Then, we walked back toward the hotel through Picadilly... only to stumble upon the Browns!! For those who don't know, our family spends nearly every major holiday with the Browns and they are the local family we never had. Ryan remarked, "I'd know that voice anywhere." Yes. Laura is Loud. ;) Andy was a great sport and walked back with us and had a drink in the hotel. And now, I am wide awake watching my Sox on Gameday.

Tomorrow, the adventure really begins. I move into Bankside and I will truly begin my time as a resident in London. I can't believe this is real, and this is happening.

I am SO lucky.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Oh man - I wish I was there - maybe we can come visit - you just have to convince Lorne it isn't too expensive!